Children's Mental Health Week will take place between 4 and 10 February 2019, the theme is "Healthy Inside and out". You can find out more about the campaign from the Place2Be website.
Mental health and wellbeing resources for young people
On Warrington's Happy? OK? Sad? site you can find a wide range of information about mental health support for children and young people; as well as free mental health and wellbeing resources designed for children and young people. To find the section listing free mental health and wellbeing resources for schools; and for others working with children and young people:
Go to www.happyoksad.org.uk
Click the blue button "front line workers click here"
Then click the dropdown heading "Resources for children, young people & the adults who support them" This section covers free:
- Mental health and wellbeing resources for schools
- Leaflets, booklets and fact sheets on different aspects of mental health, for young people, parents, carers and staff.
- Training relating to young people's mental health and wellbeing. Other areas of the site relating to children and young people include:
- The children and young people's page: this gives details of mental health information and support which children and young people can access themselves. This information can be reached by clicking the blue button "children and young people click here", on the home page and then looking under the dropdown heading "Information about local and national services and support".
- The section "signposting or referring children or young people into services": this area of the site lists local mental health support services which workers can refer into. It explains who each service is for, what the service offers and the referral process. To find this information, click the blue button "front line workers click here".
Happy? OK? Sad? promotional materials for young people
Flyers, leaflets, posters and bookmarks signposting people to the Happy? OK? Sad? site are available free, for distribution in Warrington. (The materials include a poster and a leaflet designed especially for young people). If you would like to order some of the materials for the people you support, or to give to colleagues, then please email email@example.com or ring 01925 443193.
"In Your Corner" mental health campaign for young people
Warrington's Public Health Team is now offering mental health campaign materials for young people in Warrington. The young "In Your Corner" campaign is aimed largely at young men, but the campaign messages are relevant to all young people. The aims of both the local and national campaign are to encourage young people to look out for their mates; and to be more supportive of the 1 in 10 young people who experience mental health problems in any given year. You can find out more about the national "In Your Corner" campaign for young people on the Time to Change website.
Hosting the "In Your Corner" campaigns tool
We're inviting organisations across Warrington to host the "In Your Corner" campaign stool, to challenge stigma and raise young people's awareness of mental health issues. Each venue which hosts the stool will also get an information pack which includes an explanation of the young people's campaign; and Warrington specific resources relating to young people's mental health. If you would like to host the stool, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01925 443193. (We have campaign materials for men too, so when you book the stool please make it clear whether you want the resources for adult men or for young people).